Monday, March 4, 2013

Hadley update and roman shades

Hey there,

We're back in Mississippi! Hadley did WONDERFUL on the car ride back, due to the fact that we left at bedtime! She cried the entire 5 hour drive on the way to my sister's but on the way back, she cried all of five MINUTES! I could not be more relieved. I'm not kidding you when I say that when she cries (screams) it was BAD. We are sad that we are without company, but we are happy to be back into our family of 3 routine. Some Hadley goals, I'd really love to get her sleeping in her crib at night..... she has done wonderful with bedtime. I don't know what clicked in Georgia, but she has not fought sleep since. We've even got her in bed at 8:30ish EASTERN time zone.... I don't know why the sudden change, but we're curious to see how central time zone pans out. That being said, her sleeping through the whole night (yes in her swing) has pretty much stopped. She did a couple times with the early bed time, but now wakes 1-2 times. I'm ok with that if she doesn't fight bedtime.

She also got her first cold in GA too. My poor baby girl was so stuffed up and congested with a terrible cough. Luckily, she's on the mend. That may or may not have had something to do with her waking up at night a bunch more times, we'll never know. Hadley has gotten WAY more vocal. I mean as I'm typing this she is going CRAZY "talking". She also grabs things all the time on her activity mat and is tolerating tummy time a lot more, which is great! Still no rolling but that's ok.

Anyways, on to my real reason for posting today. I wanted to say I love Etsy. Seriously, it's the best thing since sliced bread. I just wish I had unlimited funds to shop it. It also makes me wish I was more talented. My mom gave us her sewing machine (in exchange for our elliptical) so maybe that will inspire me (most likely James).  I am going to have someone on there make us a roman shade for our kitchen. I picked out great material that may or may not match the current wall color but we'll work with it. Take a look!


swatch
here it is in pillow form- looks a bit lighter

James is still working on the cabinets, turns out, they take a while :) That's all for now. Oh and I bought a bunch of hot pink accessories for Hadley's nursery (stay tuned). I am looking forward to warmer weather (random thought).




3 comments:

  1. Nice update. All good things happening. I love listening to Hadley "talk." She just has so much to say. I can't wait to see how the roman shade comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to record talk time for us! Love Hadley talk time as well. Glad the drive home worked out so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your updates! Glad that you had a great trip.
    In the baby sleeping department, I always remember having to make adjustments to the time change as well, (which will be coming up this Sunday)!
    Post more pics, love to see them!

    ReplyDelete