Friday, March 15, 2013

Hadley's 4 month update

I was going to start writing this post the other day but never got around to it. I think back to what I was going to write and realize how different things are now in only a matter of a couple days! It's crazy how just when you think you have it going one way, she switches and now you're going a different direction. I'll elaborate more in the sleep section...

Stats:
23 3/4" Long (75th percentile!)
12 pounds 14 ounces (25th percentile)
40 cm head circumference

my tall skinny gal :) The doctor was pleased with her growth so we're happy, too.

Personality:



Hadley is one happy baby until she's not haha Overall, she is such a smiley happy gal and I just love when she talks to me. She usually gets a good hour- hour and a half of happy time after eating until she's tired and ready for a nap (then she can lose it).

Eating:
My happy long eater has taken a turn. The past couple weeks she's grown VERY fussy while breastfeeding and sometimes I have to fight her to eat instead of cry. I really don't know what that's about. I see milk so I think she's getting enough? She used to eat a good 45 minutes or longer if I let her, but now she grows fussy after 15-20 minutes. She's eating every 2.5-3 hours still. The doctor said it's recommended that breast fed babies wait until 6 months for any type of "food". It's a fairly new recommendation. They believe they can get all their nutrients through breast milk. That being said, he said if we want to experiment a little bit that there'd be no harm as long as we're not replacing feedings. So we'll see.


Sleeping:
Well the dreaded sleep issue. I was so excited to post about this the other day because we had Hadley sleeping in her crib for naps AND at night. She even did a couple 6-7 hour stretches followed by a 3 hour a couple nights. Then BAM someone switched my baby again. She's still in her crib but waking every 2-3 hours!! NOT COOL Hadley. Seriously can't believe we're back to this. They talk about this "4 month wakeful" and I read about other November babies going through similar things so all I can hope for is this is a phase that she will grow out of QUICKLY.  On a positive note, we can get her to go down for bed super easy now around 8:30-9pm so that's a plus...... oh and she's still swaddled, I'll be making a swaddle for her to use for the rest of her life because it really calms her :)

I'm going to have to turn off flash and get a darker marker next month, oops.

Developments:
Hadley continues to giggle and smile all the time. She loves eating her hands still and has recently found her FEET. She loves grabbing them. She hasn't quite rolled over yet, but she's working on it. I'm not in any hurry for that because then it means no more swaddle! She tolerates tummy time more and chats all day long. I wish I knew what she was saying because she sounds like it's pretty great news. She grabs for toys and sticks them in her mouth.


cute outfit courtesy of Missy and Chris! (it's monogrammed on her booty)
Sizes:
Pampers size 2 diapers
clothing she can still fit in 3 months but 3-6 months fit best

and Hadley said that's a wrap mom with a gesture :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh Hadley, you're too young to be telling your mommy off! So precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her olive screen in the bare belly shot!! She's just so precious and a happy girl. I hope she sleeps better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics, such a cute happy baby girl, until like u said, she decides not to be. :o) Hope she gets on a full normal routine soon so y'all (and by all I mean u) can get some solid sleep and enjoy the good times with Ms. Hadley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pics of Hadley, as always!
    What a cutie ... just darling.

    Of course, you know that my baby is nearly 30 years old and things are sooooo different now. But I am a huge believer in starting them on cereal, we did it at two weeks! Fed, satisfied, slept all night! :)

    ReplyDelete