Here are some room inspirations I found after I thought about my idea. I took these from my phone and I didn't feel like cropping so sue me :)
![]() |
| this one is more like what I'm wanting to do minus the rug and more navy color in the book shelves. |
![]() |
| this is my actual book shelves |
The other issue is, I don't know where to put the curtains or how many I want/need. This is where you all come in! This is our messy living room (that's all James' stuff on the table for the record). The previous owners had curtains up where there are the rods right now (which could be throwing me off). Those windows do have blinds on them. The door has no coverings at all and there is a house behind us that MAYBE could see in but it's not a huge concern but may sway your decision? I'm thinking I want two sets of curtains to really get the navy blue coming out but maybe not? Where do you think I should put them? Over the door and over the right window? Leave the rods where they are? Just over the door? none of the above?! The book shelves that would be painted are right by that big window on the right. We are going to move that green/brown mirror over the fireplace to the hallway so don't let that sway any decision (feel free to suggest what you think we should put over the fireplace now.

![]() |
| This is the previous master bedroom color so it's a deep navy. |
So what are you thinking? You liking the navy, or could always do a gray instead? This living room needs your help, don't let it down.






West Elm is dangerous. I love the idea of painting navy behind the shelves for a pop. Love the curtains and think they would be good over the windows. Leave the french doors uncovered since they are so pretty. The best part about your family room is the baby on the couch, so keep that :) Have you thought about painting the fireplace mantel white? Maybe it is just the photo, but I can't really distinguish it from the stone behind it. That should be your focal point.
ReplyDeleteNot sure about the decorating, but Hadley is super cute vegging on the couch thing appearing to watch TV. :o)
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of the navy for the bookshelves. It will really pop with the white. I think the curtains should go where the existing rods are. You don't want a curtain blocking the door unless you will custom make them fit and pin them in like I've seen in door windows. I am really liking her suggestion of painting the bricks white... do some research on houzz and pinterest for that look.
ReplyDelete