Tuesday, March 26, 2013

New neighbor

We had a new guy move in across the street from us. We had met him briefly when he first bought the house but he was having some renovations done to it. It's been a month since closing and he's finally moving in. We had been so wonderfully greeted when we moved in here so we wanted to keep up the tradition. I looked on pinterest for an easy recipe for a dessert and found this one.





Ingredients:

1 Box yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
1 Small box instant vanilla pudding
1/4 Cup water
3/4 Cup vegetable oil
2 Eggs
1 Cup chocolate chips. I used 1/2 cup holiday mini M&M's and 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips.

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Combine cake mix, pudding, water, vegetable oil, eggs and chips or M&M's in large bowl.
Pour the batter (it's going to be thick) into a greased 10x13 baking dish. I sprayed my dish with nonstick cooking spray which worked well.
Bake your bars for 20-30 minutes (I took mine out at 25.)
It may look sort of raw in the middle but if the edges are just golden and starting to get crispy, it's probably perfect.
I got Easter M & M's to use but I didn't pay attention to the bag and they were like gigantic huge eggs. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be ok. I haven't tasted ours yet but they smelled delicious and it was SUPER easy.
mine which looks no where near as good as the recipe picture
I didn't take a picture of the presentation we brought to the new neighbor


So if you're looking for a quick dessert, look no further! I managed to make the whole thing (minus part of the cooking) during one of Hadley's very short nap sessions.



2 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing! Be sure to taste it and report back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of you! Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete