Monday, March 18, 2013

Meet my new vehicle!

Hopefully she's a keeper! I couldn't see getting a brand new from the factory car because of how much value it really loses. I don't drive a lot and Dave Ramsey says no :) I kept teetering with the idea to go new because I couldn't find exactly what I wanted used. I finally explored other options and looked into farther away car max's. Turns out they'll transfer cars pretty much anywhere (to another car max). If it's further away they charge a small fee (which they waived for us for some reason). Our nearest Car Max is about an hour and a half away which is why I didn't originally explore this option. James said he wouldn't mind going to get it so then it became an option. Our little Miss. Hadley couldn't make the drive because she hates the car seat. So James rented a U-haul trailer bed and off he went!



The transfer took basically the same day we called and it was ready the next day. They originally told us it could take 7-10 days but I guess they had a truck going our way. So meet my Chevy Equinox! I decided I just really kept coming back to the look of this one so it's what I got. It passed all the Car Max's inspection and James even got them to put it up so he could look under it. I want to have him take it to a mechanic here for more of a thorough unbiased opinion. We have 5 days to bring it back for any reason. I just watched a 20/20 where even though the Car Fax background check came out clean they still found issues (it was not at Car Max's though). So I've convinced James we HAVE to get it checked out more and he agreed.






It's a 2012 Gray Equinox with black leather inside. It has 14,000 miles on it and is great condition. I saved probably around 5-7,000 dollars buying used. One feature I didn't know it had was that you can auto start it with a button on my remote! It also has heated seats (which I knew) and other top notch features. James was impressed! We took our first family drive in it this weekend and everyone approves! Oh and best part about it, we have been saving up for a new car for me forever and this is all paid for baby! woot woot!


So the big question is, what should her name be?!?! I haven't had a long time to drive her so I feel I can not make a real decision yet. We came up with my last car's name while experiencing how she drove. So I'd love to hear suggestions but committing might take a couple more drives! Like it or what?

2 comments:

  1. I read this earlier today and gave it time for a name to surface and...got nada. Even looked up some car names and nothing jumped out except Lily, but I'm watching HIMYM, so that probably doesn't count? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new car!! So great that you've saved and paid her off already. I hope you (and Hadley) will be enjoying riding/driving her around town soon!! As for a name... Evelyn the Equinox... Eva...

    ReplyDelete