Can't believe we're at the last day in October. I don't think we'll get any trick or treaters in the apartment here, but don't worry, we got candy just in case :) On Saturday night, we decided to go to Sea World for their Howl-O-Scream event. It starts after dark and goes until 11pm. The only way I was going was if I could get in free. I'm not all about paying 30 dollars each for a couple hours. Luckily, they do salute to troops and military can get in free once a year! It says on the coupon that you can't use it for this same event at their other location in Florida, but no mention of the Texas one. So we were able to use it successfully (after paying 15 dollars to park! it's ludicrous). They gave us a bunch of coupons to use to get 30 percent off food and merchandise for being military, too so that was nice. Let me start by saying I told James that if we go that I will not be doing any "3 pumpkin" events. They had each show/event rated 1 pumpkin to 3 pumpkins. Kids were doing 2 pumpkins so I felt that was a good level for me. I said if he wanted to do the 3 pumpkins, I would wait for him at the end. He agreed, so off we went. I used to LOVE scary movies, but something has happened in my maturing age. I also felt confident going in and thinking maybe I could do one....... boy was I wrong, add the combination of darkness and scary people/costumes and noises, NO WAY!

We saw the creepy shamu show and it was very impressive. They had 6 whales and they were flipping around. This show was 2 pumpkins so I was sure I could handle the maize we had planned. We went to a 2 pumpkin maize and the lines for the 3 pumpkin haunted houses were NUTS. Ours seemed like there was no line, well that was because the line went all inside. Our haunted house was pretty neat. They had this tunnel where the walls spun around and you walked over a bridge. I would SWEAR the floor was moving, we could not get across, it was funny/a little scary. They also had this big garbage bag like balloons you had to push your way through. There were kids behind us with their parents and I never saw them again... just saying, I don't know if they were ready for this 2 pumpkin. They would have a scary person in a corner but they wouldn't jump out at you. I think they did a nice job for someone who's a scaredy cat like me.


I of course was on a mission to find fried dough. I've also come to the conclusion that down south they don't have it. They have funnel cakes which I guess is close enough. So I was sure to partake in, mmmmmm. We sat and ate it while we watched this HUGE stick like costumed man hide behind pillars and jump out at people, it was quite entertaining.
James was going to go to his haunted house but the line was way long and he also felt bad leaving me. It was really dark and costumed scary people were lurking around haha. We decided to see what exhibits were open and found the cute penguins. They were swimming around and jumping on rocks, although some were sleeping.
We could barely see where we were going because the lighting was very minimal. James had to stop to ask for some directions.
All in all it was a fun night. I hope everyone has a great halloween.
LOl nice joke. That seemed like a fun place to spend some time. I wouldn't want to pay their prices either so luckily you got in free (minus the parking thats nuts). Down south I agree that they call funnel cakes fried dough and they don't actually have funnel cakes. I think they're confused.
ReplyDeleteI was going to say, when I saw you check in there I was like scaredy cat/pregnant Michelle is going to Howl-O-Scream?! Didn't realize they had more tame stuff as well, makes sense I guess...glad you made it out! :-o
ReplyDeleteAre you sure you are my daughter? I LOVE BEING SCARED!! Glad you had a nice time there. You and Hadley look Great!
ReplyDelete