Tuesday, October 16, 2012

35 week pregnancy update

Wow not much time left at all! I don't really have too much stats to update with because I haven't had an appointment in 4 weeks. I know you're thinking, shouldn't you be doing 1 week appointments by now, well yeah apparently this military hospital/clinic does things different? I go Wednesday so we'll know more official things. We did have those 3d ultrasounds so it was good knowing she's doing ok while we waited.


How Far Along: 35 weeks (crazy!)

Size of baby: Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
Total Weight Gain: not quite accurate (because I haven't been to the doctor) but I'd say around 25 pounds


Sleep: Still up to pee a few times a night, this full bed we're sleeping on here is just not cutting it, it's growing more and more uncomfortable

Symptoms: well I think I officially declared myself miserable less than happy on Saturday :) My mid/upper back is hurting BAD. It hurts when I sit or stand or anything really. It's related to her pushing on my ribs or my rib spreading out or something like that (based on my online research). Not to mention I still have my sciatica pain in my lower back from time to time now too. Then something new! My groin muscle hurts down my left inner thigh now too which  according to my research says it's "because the growing fetus, as well as increase in body weight simply put more pressure on the hips, the pelvic joints and the muscles of the pelvic region". LOL I sound like a bundle of complaints, but I don't complain that often so there it is. 

Cravings: nothing crazy. On top for this week's dessert though, an apple pie :) 

Gender-Hadley Emilia

Movement: She's been doing a good bit of hiccuping and her usual movements. I can feel her way down low and I can feel her by my ribs so she's definitely spread out.

Maternity Clothes: I went to Pickles and Ice cream (expensive maternity store) and got a dress for my photoshoot... It's very stretchy I'm hoping to utilize it when I'm not pregnant to get my full money's worth :) 



Best Moments this week: Putting an offer in on a house and having it be accepted! More to come on that later, but the gist of it is just that. I've been researching online for months and working with a realtor as well. Unfortunately, the houses I was seeing were better than the houses that our realtor was bringing us (not her fault). I was looking on the military by owner website and sometimes they list fsbo and sometimes they have it listed with realtors. The two I liked of course would not work with our realtor so we had to proceed on our own (I feel bad for that, but it's not personal- all business). Once it's a little more final, I'll show pictures and what not. It's a nice 2000 square foot house with screened in patio (a must for me) with necessary updates to live, but also room for a little bit of improvement. 


What I'm looking forward to: Hadley's arrival and moving into our house!


Milestones: We've been using our weekends to get items for Hadley's first month or so. We just have a few more items to get to feel "ready".  I have my hospital bag sort of packed, I remembered to charge the camera and put it in the bag (most important!). We've had a couple gifts trickle in and they were part of what we still needed! so worked our great! So we'll be wrapping up those kinds of things. I'm also hoping to see some pictures from our maternity session, should be any day now! 


My big balloon

I feel like my stomach's stretched to capacity!

6 comments:

  1. Not going to lie, that is one big healthy balloon of a belly. No wonder your back hurts. Do some stretches and try to sit up straight. She is ready to come out soon. You grow a good size belly/baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw you look so cute! Keep cookin', Hadley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are what healthy looks like. Sorry you are hurting but its almost over. Can't wait for the balloon to pop and Hadley to make her great entrance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so so happy for you guys, Michelle! Everything is falling into place! Congrats on the house, can't wait to see it IN PERSON! :). Your baby "balloon" belly is I think the most adorable one I've ever seen :). Loved reading the update and so excited for everything you guys have going for you.....but especially for Hadley's arrival :). Miss you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the update. The balloon belly looks fab. Congrats on the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your belly is SO TINY!!!!!! you look great michelle :)

    ReplyDelete