Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hadley Emilia's 3D/4D photo shoot

We went the weekend before to an elective 3d/4d ultrasound to get another sneak peek at our baby girl. We hadn't had an ultrasound since week 19 and yesterday I turned 33 weeks! We felt like it was long over due and so we went for it. We were really happy with our experience. We went and little Miss Hadley was pushed up on my right side (she is head down, wohoo!) We got some nice profile shots but the lady really wanted us to get a front view. It was also morning and she usually doesn't move around much until later in the day. The ultrasound technician said she wanted to do a complimentary rescan so we could see if she'd cooperate more the next time.

We scheduled it for the following Thursday because she didn't want the baby to get too big and us not to get a good shot of her. She also told me to drink a soda. I'm not a huge soda drinker anyway but I gave them up during pregnancy. I was delighted to have some Dr. Pepper and boy was it DELICIOUS! Hadley also seemed to enjoy it, because she was bouncing off the womb :). I was hyped up as well, it was a funny combination. Needless to say, we got great views of her face, but she would not stop moving haha.

I asked the ultrasound tech if she could tell how big she was and she gladly measured for me..... She told me based on her thigh bones, head, and something else she measured, that  Hadley was coming in around 4 pounds 10 ounces! YIKES!! She's already that big?!?! At the time I was 32 weeks and I thought that sounded massive. Turns out this week they say she should be just over 4 pounds, so I guess that isn't that much more than what she measured. They also say they can be off a half a poundish. So I'm not freaking out anymore, she seems like a very healthy girl.

Head Measurement
Thigh bone measurement

Here are a couple of the 3D/4D images. Turns out she has quite a bit of hair on her head, which I expected. She said it looks like a full head of hair but she's not sure on the depth of it. My sister's son had the same thing in his ultrasound and he didn't come out with that much, so you never know.

She is too cute already! 

and she's poking herself in the eye with her foot.... NICE :)

I can't believe it's October already! James woke me up and said "Hadley will be here next month!" I am very excited, but it seems so quick now! not to mention my dread of the labor :)


3 comments:

  1. HAHA, poking herself in the eye. She's so talented already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :p Just laughed at the poking the foot in the eye also. getting real now that we can see her in 3D, won't be long now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that beautiful girl!!! Great photos. Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete