Thursday, October 3, 2013

crafts/homemade

At one of our spouses' socials, we went to paint your own pottery. As an uncreative person, I knew mine had to be easy. So I chose this that really couldn't be messed up and it turned out pretty good!


Conveniently at our last MOPs (mother of preschoolers) meeting we were also making a craft. It was "paint a birthday plate" day. Here is mine and since Hadley's birthday's coming up, perhaps we can use it to put her cupcake on!


and yes I did have a stencil to trace since you paint on the BOTTOM of the plate.

There is a facebook group that I am a part of for our local Air Force base that people sell things they make/businesses they operate. I ordered a set of 4 (3 pictured) of wool dryer balls. Turns out dryer sheets have a ton of chemicals in them that are just not necessary. She puts essential oils in the balls if you want a scent and you can just replenish the scent if it gets low. The dryer balls are supposed to last years! So far it has been a good 20 dollars spent. How cool are these? They've been doing a great job.

3 comments:

  1. So crafty! Love the banana plate-holder ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least you made useful craft projects. and I love good smelling laundry--what scent did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I heard about the dryer balls (I knew you were getting them). I'll need a more in depth update... Love all your crafts! See you are crafty!

    ReplyDelete