Thursday, January 31, 2013

Columbus, MS

So we figured we should try and get out more while James was off since Hadley requires a little more attention than I feel comfortable doing alone. She just really hates her car seat these days, I'm hoping this passes soon but we'll see. We had some great weather so we ventured out to the riverwalk here in downtown Columbus, Mississippi. No it's nothing like the famous San Antonio river walk, but it is a nice walking trail. It's a 1.25 mile trail and there were lots of people walking the day we went.



Ignore the blurriness. Also ignore the giant mud pit that is behind me. It looks as though the hydrant exploded water everywhere the cap was off....  PS I don't care for the moby wrap that much... I wish I did, but it's just soooooo long with all that material and idk... She doesn't seem to mind it that much but hates when I tuck her head.



look at her precious face when she fell asleep in it

We also explored a downtown restaurant called Huck's Place. My sister went when they were in town checking out houses for us and recommended it. It doesn't feel like you'
re in Columbus. It has a Charleston feel. It's a great two story restaurant and you can overlook the restaurant and street. It's family friendly which we have to look for now! Hadley did ok... she got cranky because she was tired, luckily we could stand and rock her because we were upstairs with ample space. 



Here's a cool review about it someone did, with pictures and a menu if you care to glance. We look forward to the many festivals Columbus has to offer and hope to get out and explore more too. 

2 comments:

  1. She looks so big! Stop growing Hadley until you come see us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a thriving Metropolis! :o)

    ReplyDelete