Thursday, January 24, 2013

kitchen reno update

James has been busy working on the kitchen while he has days off. He's been busy prepping the area for sanding and painting. He also cleared everything out from the cabinets. He is now onto the sanding part and hopes to be putting the primer on later today. He's doing a great job!

I am busy taking care of Hadley while all this is going on, some days I wish we could switch tasks, while other days I'm happy to be doing what I'm doing. Some days Miss. Hadley can be super fussy but other times she's super happy. On one of her super fussy times I told James we were switching and he gladly accepted. I was all taping up the paper for the kitchen when he came in later and redid it all.... he has issues with things like that so turns out he did not want me to quit my day job.

We got a call saying our flooring we ordered was in so now we are just waiting for the installer to schedule a time to come and do it! Unfortunately the 7 day forecast looked a lot like rain and they can't install hardwoods in rain (too much moisture for them) so maybe the carpet will be going in first. We'll see!

plastic to keep the sand particles out or in

everything from food cabinets...... can't wait to reorganize.... NOT

sanded area- looking good! 

So far so good, ready for this to be over, well ready for the flooring to be in because I know what a hassle it will be for two days or so. It will look great though.

3 comments:

  1. Everything is coming along! slowly but surely. I can't wait to get the primer and paint on! You guys are doing a great job. I also can't wait for the flooring. It won't be long now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see lots of progress and hard work. I think I see the end in sight and can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished look ... I know it will be great!

    ReplyDelete