Friday, January 18, 2013

Hadley is 2 months old!

Hadley Emilia is already 2 months old. Everyone always says time flies and I'll agree! Although it did seem to stand still say in the middle of the night when she was screaming her head off haha

STATS: She weighs 10 pounds 10 ounces and is 23 1/4 inches and 38 cm (14.94 in) head circumference
They did not give me the specific percentiles so I went home and we analyzed a chart to the best of our abilities, here's what we came up with:
based on her age
Length = 75th percentile (where is she getting her height?!) 
Weight = 45th percentile
Head Circumference = closer to the 10th percentile

height to length comparison- she is a skinny minny! around the 5th percentile
Diapers- size 1
Eyes- more of the grey than blue, pretty sure they're slowing turning brown like ours
Clothing- she's been out of the newborn clothes at about a month, she is probably too long for her 0-3 month sleepers but we're still squeezing her in :) 

 It's been a roller coaster ride with our pretty princess. I will say the good always out weighs the bad, but it hasn't been all rainbows and butterflies :). I'm going to give it to you real because I want to look back on the actual truth. I left you at the 1 month update where Hadley she had a rough go at night. I think she was going through growth spurts where she wanted to eat constantly, which is to be expected. plus she probably had day and night confusion. I am happy to report she is doing MUCH better at night. Week 7 day 4 (I'm not keeping track or anything haha) she slept 5 hours, fed then slept 3 more! That was a HUGE change from what she was doing which was seriously like 15 minutes of sleep all night. It was bad, we call those the "dark days". The dark days were pretty much from week 3-7. It was a long trying time, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. She was pleasant most the day but night hit and she was just a different baby. So what was the magic that made her start sleeping at night..... A SWING. We have a mamaroo that she didn't really care for and I know my sister raves about her swing. BIG shout out to her, she is the reason we sleep. I didn't want to be the mom where she relies on her swing so much that crib sleeping is a problem.... well couple things I've learned.

1. never say never when it comes to parenting- when it comes to getting maybe an hour a sleep a night, YOU WILL DO ANYTHING
2. she's only 2 months old, it's ok if she sleeps in her swing
3. as she gets older things are progressing and clicking more
4. also- just when you think she's developed a pattern, she switches
5. never wake a sleeping baby no matter where they're sleeping (per request of our pediatrician who is the only pediatrician in the county! we traveled to a different town smaller than ours because of the wait times at the local pediatricians). He is ok with us swing sleeping her until she's ready to make the full crib transition.


Fisher price my little snug a bunny (INVEST IN ONE IF YOU ARE HAVING A BABY)
Fast forward to now and my big girl two month is sleeping at night A LOT (yes in her swing- but who cares). The past three nights she has slept 7-8 HOURS at a stretch! seriously! whose kid is this. She doesn't wake for a feeding either. She stirs quite a bit at the end but never fully wakes. We are having some big issues actually settling her down for sleep though. I am pretty much on demand feeding her during the day which works out to me breast feeding her every 2.5-3 hours. She LOVES eating, whether she's screaming or calm, hungry or not, she will always eat. We give her a bath between 8:30-9:30 (wherever it works out) and try to settle her in to sleep. Lately she's been fighting the put down a lot. It's taken us a good 2 hours or so and sometimes multiple feedings to calm her to sleep. It's not a huge deal because she's been doing those crazy long sleep stretches, it's just puzzling.

We are crib napping her every time during the day to try and get her transition over fully. At night though she isn't having the crib because she isn't having the swing either. We try 3 times for the crib at night before we give up. We also try the swing about 15 times before she's actually sleeping. I know that I will probably write this and she will stop doing all these things or do the opposite. The crib napping is going pretty good. She settles down very easy for her naps. Hadley's not sleeping very long nap stretches maybe 30 minutes at a time in there, we've been getting longer with some hour long naps, but we're taking baby steps. She eats then plays on her play mat for a while and then we settle in for a nap. She's increasing her awake time and is usually VERY happy. She smiles a lot and this time it's not because she's dreaming.

Loving her play mat
She's very alert and is very interested in looking at us to smile. I'm enjoying her at her awake time especially now that she's happy. She does get fussy but usually it's when she's supposed to be napping. We've been out to Lowes a bunch with her (due to house renovations) and she's done pretty well. She's not loving the car seat anymore or the car, but once we take her out to hold her, she falls asleep. When Hadley's fussy we go stand in the spare bathroom and turn the fan on. She LOVES it. Sometimes she goes from irately screaming to the next second sound asleep. It's funny and reassuring that we have something that really works. We have a sound machine we use that sounds just like that fan but it does not have that same affect.








and we're done :)

As I reflect on the past 2 months, I'm glad we're progressing forward. She's really developing a personality and I can't wait for her to hit more milestones. I love her more and more each day, she's just so cute!

one month on left two month on right

4 comments:

  1. The photo of he rlaying on her tummy, she looks SO TALL! She's precious. And the one with Maddie is so funny because your dog is actually smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great update! Love all of the sweet pictures and yes, there is something wonderful when they start sleeping longer hours. Our's was at six weeks, will never forget it! So glad to see the picture of Maddie, too ... had been wondering about her and how she was adjusting with having sweet Hadley there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean seriously, just look at the pretty princess. I can't wait to get my hands on her!! She is SO cute. I just love her. She really showed out for those photos. The shirt and bow just make the perfect outfit. I can't stop looking at her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, such a pretty girl and Maddie is too! Love that picture. Give the little peanut hugs for us, can't wait to see her in person.

    ReplyDelete