Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas Crafts

It was a good thing my pregnancy nesting happened because I decided back in October to do our christmas crafts. We have started doing home made gifts the last couple years and it's really taken off. With Hadley's arrival on November 11th, I would have had no time to complete them. I got the ideas from pinterest and I did most of the work myself. They seem to be a hit! I will include a picture of my sister in law's craft that was also awesome. My advice for anyone who wants to do homemade crafts for christmas, start them NOW :)

Post it note holder
I got the plastic photo frame holder from hobby lobby and or dollar store. The rest is scrap book paper and ribbon.

Shadow box christmas bells
I got the shadow boxes from hobby lobby (only get them at 50 percent off). The bells, ribbon, and paper were all from hobby lobby as well (50 percent off christmas items). I used stickers instead of vinyl because I can NEVER find it (and most people have a machine that cuts it or they order it).

They turned out great. I hope my recipients think so as well. 

Marla made rice snowmen, how cute are they! We stuck ours up on the mantel and they made great decorations.

So sorry about the BAD photo quality, our internet at the new house is REALLY bad and I can't get my photos to upload to the blog so I had to take a picture of my computer then email it to myself (don't ask!)



2 comments:

  1. Loved all the homemade Christmas gifts. You did a great job. You put me to shame (b/c I didn't do any). Gotta start brainstorming now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog ... I can now post! Yippee! Haven't been able to before! Hope y'all are getting settled in and things are going well. Hadley is just precious! Hugs from Texas! Stacy

    ReplyDelete