Monday, January 14, 2013

Pendants and sink renovation

Well we are well under way on the kitchen renovation. We've actually changed our mind on some things that I mentioned last blog post. Let's start with that. I thought about what our goal was here. This is not our forever home, it's our home for the next 3-4 years. Although we feel we got a good deal, we did not under pay by a lot. Meaning, we can't pour a lot of money into the house and feel comfortable about not losing money. I feel good about putting some money into it because I like to live in luxury :) and I'll be able to enjoy it. At the same time, we don't want to make choices that are unnecessary. The housing area we are in is not over the top on upgrades so we are going to plan accordingly. I have to have stainless steel appliances so we aren't going to compromise on that. So what we decided to do was keep our existing cabinets and to paint them WHITE. We also decided to do that project ourselves but contract out the flooring. We should have someone here by Tuesday to give us an estimate on the wood floor and carpet. Below is a step by step view of the sink transformation haha.

before
during

during

after! 
Don't you just love the faucet. You pull it down and it sprays all around. I really wanted an under-mounted sink but with everything I mentioned above, it wasn't going to be possible due to us not changing the countertops. I think it looks great and it's a good second best option. The rounded corners really give it some nice character.

The pictures below are of our new pendant lights over the island, actually it's a peninsula because it touches on one side haha. I taught that to my second graders, yes they wanted them to know the difference between the two.

during
tada! 
There wasn't any lighting there before because it was cabinets! Refer back to the post where I showed them. I went with more silver/stainless look because I'm anticipating the appliances we will be getting at some point. I can't wait until we get the white on the cabinets. We aren't in any rush to do them but we want to get the bottom base boards painted before the flooring goes in. It's really coming together nice. I was able to cook nicely in there and it's starting to really feel like home :). 


3 comments:

  1. It is going to look great!
    When we bought this house the first thing we did was change out the white sink to a stainless one just like that curves and all. Don't scratch yours right off the bat like I did. Had a pan in the sink and was scrubbing it, next thing I knew it had a nice big scratch. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how everything is looking so far. The sink, the faucet and lights are great choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, painting the cabinets will make a huge difference I think. Keep it rollin!

    ReplyDelete