Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Trip to Premier Prints!

As I previously mentioned last blog post, we had my sister, her husband, and my nephew Max over for a visit this weekend. We had lots planned so we packed it all in. I decided to make this all one blog post because let's be honest, I've been slacking lately. We had this idea to go to this fabric store outlet (Premier Prints) because when my sister ordered came from there. She noticed that it came from Sherman, MS and googled it to find it just about an hour or so away from me!  They print their fabric right there and we just LOVE all of it. To say we were excited was an understatement! We stopped in Tupelo along the way to sorta break up the trip. We brought James along (he took off for our visitors and David had to work that day). We only brought him because we needed someone to regulate Hadley if she got out of hand and we bribed him with lunch. This was a pizza place that we saw a commercial for.

chicken and spinach Alfredo pizza
Hadley did great on the car ride there.... on the way back not so much (ok like real bad)

Max and Jen enjoying their pizza

Next stop... PREMIER PRINTS!



We were mainly going for odds and ends small projects. For example: I wanted fabric to make small pillows and fabric letters for Hadley's nursery (yes I'm still working on her room slowly but surely). *Disclaimer* Yes to those of you that know me, I do know that these projects are FAR from my ability level, but I can try right?! 
We wanted to get deals since we just wanted a little of this and a little of that. My sister was shopping for fabric to make her coffee table and bar stools into padded seats/ottomans. Plus, get some fabric for burp clothes and embroidery (more coming on that at a later time). They had ROWS of just fun fabric everywhere.

Me

jen shopping along


fun!

just look at it all!

Hadley was overcome with excitment she passed out.... too bad it was just for five minutes
Something we thought was strange was they give you scissors for you to cut your own swatches?! We first saw a lady cutting squares and we were like uhhh is she supposed to be doing that?! Then the workers asked if we wanted some so I guess it's normal.

We were looking around and then we hit the JACKPOT. Fabric Folds! They are what remains after they've cut a bunch for a project that wasn't quite long enough to leave on a roll. They varied from 1/2 a yard to I think the biggest was 3 yards. We went NUTS. They had just the best patterns, too. Here's bud bud helping. They were 5.00 a yard compared to about 10.99 per yard if we got it from the big rolls.



bud bud helping out


 Here is our final selections! The top five are mine for pillows for the living room and kitchen window seat. The bottom first four are for Hadley's letters and the last six are for Jen's projects. How fun right?! Now who would like to teach me how to sew or better yet, just make these pillows for me :)


3 comments:

  1. Good finds and awesome patterns! I pinned a "no-sew" pillow on Pinterest a while ago. I need to give that a try for the bed pillows. Hope it works and could be an easy way out of sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. still love all our fabric!! It was so fun and we got really great deals. Now to find time for all the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete