Long story short, James rested while I just sat there freaking out that I was going to have a baby soon. Baby was having spouts of inactivity so they kept turning me on different sides and giving me sugar water. I then stopped progressing and there was a BRIEF talk about a c-section. I was at a military training hospital so I saw several different "doctors", luckily the nurses were highly knowledgable. It was a little uneasy that they always checked what the doctors said....
My epidural on the right side was not working after a while. I could feel everything and it did not feel good. My left side was completely numb and almost to the point where I did not like that feeling. I decided I'd rather have that feeling that the feeling I was having on the right side. I was almost ready to push so they didn't want to give me too much more epidural so that I could feel something. Hadley was head down but she was face up. They tried everything to get her to roll around but they said that's why I was feeling a ton of back labor (which was VERY painful). She did end up rotating herself thanks to all the change in positions I was doing. I was also on oxygen a lot of the time because it helped Hadley move around in there. It also made me feel better and not like I was going to pass out from pain :).
| haha you gotta love this photo, James said "just one like this". This was at the peak of miserableness |
I ended up having the anesthesiologist come back in and she gave me two new squirts as I laid on my right side. That did the trick. I mean it's like night and day. I was back to being my pleasant self, it got hairy in there for a while :). I want to give a shout out to James. He was the perfect husband. He would get me anything I needed and would always run out to the nurses if something was urgent (or if he felt like I was in too much pain). The nurse kept saying ok, the hard part is still to come (meaning the pushing). I already thought I was doing a hard part so I did not want to hear that. She kept saying "first time moms can push close to 3 hours". I think she was just trying to prepare me but still it wasn't fun to hear.
Lots of doctors came in to confirm that it was indeed time to push and it was around 12:45. The nurse was very encouraging and said I was doing great. I pushed for less than an hour and out came my pretty princess. With the substantial epidural I had, the pushing was a breeze. I couldn't feel anything (including if I was doing a good job). It all worked out though. I am so glad I didn't end up with a c-section because I was up and about less than an hour after giving birth.
| Stacia and Kerry with baby girl Hadley |
No comments:
Post a Comment