Unfortunately, she did not make her goal weight! I was soooo disappointed. I felt very defeated because that's pretty much a main job of mine is to feed her and it didn't go as expected. It actually wasn't that bad, but at first my sister and I were confused. They weigh her in kilograms (which wasn't the issue) but it's still weird. Then they wrote it down in pounds. They wrote down 6.83 pounds. I interpreted that as 6 pounds 8 ounces (which is NOT correct). I did that because below it, it had her birth weight listed as 6 pounds 15 ounces. I just wish they would be more consistent! So the whole time the doctor is talking he's not freaking out. I'm freaking because she was (what I thought) was the same weight as it was 2 weeks prior. He was all like "it probably was the difference between a poop". I was thinking to myself A 7 OUNCE POOP?!?! haha
Needless to say the doctor wasn't that concerned because it turns out she was just about 1.7ish OUNCES off where she needed to be. I still think she should have gained her weight back but I will have to keep at it and keep waking her up at night (which is very unfortunate). She is very tall at the 50 percent mark. I'm not sure where she gets that from but we'll see what happens! She is a VERY good sleeper. We had to wake her for every feeding up until today. She seems to have grown very fussy and is hard to put down for sleepy time. She usually is easy to console though so that's a plus. We'll see how this develops, hopefully this has been a fluke and she'll continue being a calm baby.
I am going next Monday (a week from this 2 week appointment) to check her weight. The doctor didn't really tell me to do anything different but he did tell me to feed shorter amounts. I was going a whole hour for feeding (well she falls asleep for a lot of it) but he said she's putting out a lot of energy that cancels out some of the feeding. I'm also pumping a little bit to top her off with some more breast milk from time to time. Hopefully this does the trick but we'll see. She's just a tiny, cute little love bug :)
![]() |
| Thanksgiving |
| all wrapped up and sleepy |
We dressed up the kiddos the other day and went to Santa's Ranch. It was a light display with over 1 million lights ands over 100 displays and animations. Max really enjoyed himself, Hadley slept :)
| Max and Jen |

Aww, kiddos! Max is always having a good time and Hadley looks pretty similar to how u guys did when u were a baby. In the all wrapped up and sleep pic she looks like Jen.
ReplyDeleteLots of fun milestones already! Be a very good girl when we leave Miss.Hadley!
ReplyDelete