Monday, September 28, 2015

Downstairs house tour

So we moved into our house officially at the end of April but James didn't get here until mid to late May so we didn't really start doing anything until around June. Here she is :) I'll link the first post where I gave everyone a preview and explained some details. We are the end home (for now) until they decide to build again which by the looks of it, we'll probably be moved out before that happens.


Now to the downstairs home tour. This is downstairs spare guest bedroom. We haven't had too many guests so it sits mostly empty but pretty :)

My favorite bed courtesy of overstock.com

got our Ikea dresser back from jen and david's where we stored it while we were away.... it wasn't easy prying it out :)

Another angle of the bed and side tables. I haven't accessorized too much but it's good for now

Now onto the living/family room. I want to put in a nice wall fireplace in between the curtain area. I've seen some nice ones and we'll build a little makeshift mantle (doing things we can take with us and not permanent)


Here's another angle


Right off the guest bedroom and in between the family room is a full guest bathroom.


The only light in the morning comes from that front bedroom (because suns out in front of house) so sorry for the bad lighting, it's often dark in here.



Here's a view of the front door area

Our new hubby cubby looking all fine and stuff :)

Here's our kitchen view from living room. Next on the list, or I should say my list, is to put tile in since those are linoleum (did it fool anyone? didn't think so) but since we don't plan to stay in this house THAT long and make it a rental, James isn't sure that's the best idea..... so it's still up in the air.


View of kitchen again, I love the granite, drop in sink, and double crown molding in here.


then our view of our hidden stairs off the kitchen


peek a boo we see you stairs :)



view from the far end of the kitchen


Hope you liked our downstairs tour! The downstairs entertaining area seems smaller than any house we've had even though this is the biggest house we've had (2238 sq feet). We have a big loft area upstairs plus 3 more bedrooms so that's where the majority of the space goes. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Renters sometimes beat places up. I'd hold off on tiling the floor until it looks damaged from tenants. The beautiful granite helps distract from the floor. Love the pop of color in the guest room too!

    ReplyDelete