It was a sad day in the C-130 airplane community this past week. Unfortunately, a plane crashed and everyone on board lost their lives. Here is the
article in case you missed it. James flies the C-130 and we were actually stationed at the same unit where this plane was for our first base (Dyess AFB). They were deployed, which James has done 4 times and currently is doing. I can not imagine how their families are feeling. He luckily called me prior to me even hearing about this so I did not have to endure hours of waiting and what ifs. Many of them left behind wives and children. All of my military friends have reached out to me and I cherish our friendships. They all feel how I do and I just wanted this post to be a reminder to everyone to not take your freedom lightly. I know tragedies like this happen (too) often but this one hits close to home for several reasons, which I mentioned.
Here is James and his crew from a bunch of years back with a Dyess plane.
and here are a bunch of c-130s getting ready to do a formation flight
Here is a patch from the squadron that lost airmen.
This was a display at the deployed base where the soldiers were stationed. Here are some links for some go fund me accounts if anyone feels like they want to contribute to the families. I have only seen three floating around but there may be more. Here's
one,
two, and
three.
A good friend of mine (and James) wrote this in a reply to a Facebook post and I think he said it perfectly. So I will leave you with that,
"No one I've ever stepped with thinks it'll be their last. They are focused on the mission with which they've been tasked, and they've sworn to execute. May they rest in peace and their families and friends find comfort" WH
So very sad. I know you and Hadley will hug James a little tighter.
ReplyDelete