Wednesday, September 2, 2015

introducing THE HUBBY CUBBY!!

HAPPY SEPTEMBER EVERYONE! BRING ON FALL!

I had a bunch of todo lists for James to complete because of his odd work schedule, so when he's home, he's super busy! Poor fella. Maybe if he wasn't so good at stuff it wouldn't be so long? I originally wanted a makeshift mud room area right off the kitchen where there is empty space (where they should have put more kitchen cabinets) but we decided we'd put them in eventually. I decided by the front door would be a good spot for my mudroom area, even though the space is a tiny bit tight. I showed James a couple of photos of what I wanted and BOOM he was to work. He didn't use any plans just his smart brain. It seemed to be going smoothly until it came to the painting.... the sprayer we borrowed wasn't working for this so we tried hand painting, which took forever, so we went and got a good sprayer. We used it and it worked but it ended up leaking pretty bad so back it went. Nothing is ever fully smooth sailing but what can ya do.

So the name, we keep referring to it as the hubby cubby and people look at us funny. Backstory- James borrowed some tools from our neighbor and he goes is this a you project or one the wife wants you to do. And he said me, so he said "ah, a hubby cubby". So name just stuck and now it's referred to as our hubby cubby (seems fitting since the hubby made the cubby haha). Side bar- I am not fond of the word hubby.... guess it's ok as long as cubby follows, but why can't we just say husband, not hubby. Like my hubby just got home.... NOPE, to each their own. :)

Without further ado.... here is the HUBBY CUBBY. It's a beauty. and yes it is massive.



Here it is with some things on it


But this is the actual finished product. The above pictures were missing the stained bench part (it was drying). James insisting on doing the stained seat instead of just the white that I said to do. He was right, it is great.


It is mounted to the wall but James built it so we could detach it and take it with us, which is fantastic because I LOVE IT, don't you?! Such a handy man :)


2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! Love the color on the bench to make it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hubby cubby! You should have posted the pic of coco going into the cubby! Def. love the stained wood part instead of white.

    ReplyDelete