Hadley and I have been getting into a sort of routine here in Little Rock now that the weather got better. As I type this (Wed) we currently have 6 inches of snow and everything's shut down..... again.... it seems that this is the LAST winter spell as 60s are in store for next week!
 |
we hit up a couple of different library story time/crafts just two curly haired gals |
 |
| Hit up a gymnastics place for open gym |
 |
| had cookies at story time at barnes n noble |
We also hit up a discovery museum (ps. why do they always have to be so expensive and WHY do they make the adults pay..... we aren't playing! and believe me we would drop them off and leave them if we could haha)
 |
| we had an OK time there, we won't go back unless it's dollar day or something |
 |
| "I'm on a boat" |
 |
| digging for fossils |
 |
| t-rex and hadley |
 |
| T-rex mouth selfie |
 |
| learning about lights and shadows |
Overall, we've had a pretty good time. I like the library stuff because it's free, but the story times.... aren't that great. The kids don't sit still, it's hard to keep their attention.... We did got to a music time (at the library) that was pretttttty good..... but had lots of room for improvement. We were spoiled in our little town of Columbus, MS I guess.
We are looking forward to exploring local outside parks and playgrounds hopefully this next week!
PS. Happy birthday to GIGI yesterday! Hadley celebrated with a birthday hat and cake for you!
I found library story times to be hit or miss depending on where we went in Colorado. One library told the parents to keep the kids in their laps. Do they know kids' only mission each day is to move around as much as possible? Once you're back in GA, check out the music classes. This is the same group Michael takes classes from: http://www.melodymakersmusictogether.com They encourage moving and playing and dancing.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you two are having great fun! Come back soon to find all these gems in GA!
ReplyDelete