Last Wednesday was a great day! It was the first day of NICE weather (started out cloudy but sun came out with a high of 68!). James had off (ps. have I mentioned we are REALLY enjoying his training schedule so far). We decided we wanted to go to the zoo since it wouldn't be as crowded as the weekend would be. James invited his training partner, Kevin, who is from Ohio, to join us beforehand at breakfast. I looked up a top recommended one called The Roots Cafe. They try to source as much as they can through local small farms in the Little Rock and Arkansas area. I love that! James was worried it was too "hippy" for him (and his buddy did comment on how he didn't think it was James' idea) but everyone was IMPRESSED. So win for me (as usual).
The next best thing about this place was their little outdoor area that had some kids play stuff in! Hadley had a ball! Had the weather been a tad warmer we could have sat out there and she would have been content for a while! We did eat in their sunroom patio and watched her until she realized it was no fun to play without mommy.
Since we were in the company of a new friend... I decided I wouldn't weird him out and take pictures of our food haha but let me tell you. The pancakes were PHENOMENAL. and HUGE. Hadley ate those.... and they came with three gigantic ones, so James and I also took one of hers to eat. We adults all ordered the biscuits and gravy (which came with eggs). They were all delicious as well. We will definitely be back if we're on that side of town (on way to zoo).
![]() |
| monkey selfies |
![]() |
| Hadley doesn't look amused |
kevin, james, and hadley all looking at the crocodiles
![]() |
| another monkey selfie |
this monkey LOVED Hadley (and James) Hadley got freaked out when it ran put to her haha
the monkey really wanted to play and give kisses
Two hands needed apparently!
James wanted to take him home, to say the least!
THE END :)
It was a great zoo and even had a fantastic playground we played at when we were all done. FUN DAY










You're so funny lol. I didn't know you brought someone (Kevin). And you def. needed to take pictures of the breakfast. Did Kevin enjoy the zoo? Looks fun, but why only a few pics of monkeys... were there other fun things? Seals/sea otters?
ReplyDeleteI love the zoo and sounds like a great breakfast!
ReplyDelete