Friday, May 16, 2014

our little garden

I've always wanted to try doing a garden of our own so we decided this would be the year. James built this wonderful raised garden box from scrap wood that we had laying around in the garage. He did that after he priced out wood at Lowes which would have cost over $50 dollars. Our neighbor across the street (who was very interested in helping and has a garden of his own) priced out an irrigation system from where he works and we were ready to go!


Sorry we finished planting and it was night time so here's the dark picture of the before. We got basil, parsley, oregano, and thyme already started from the store, the rest were seeds. We planted lettuce, spinach, carrots, broccoli, zucchini, squashes, peppers, cucumbers, and probably more.



I was out of town for 14 days and this is what I came back to! We have some HUGE growth people! woohooo! The only things that really aren't growing are carrots, broccoli, and spinach. I think some of those are hard to grow but we shall see.


Not bad for our first time. I will keep you updated as we get more visible growth.


Have a great weekend everyone.


4 comments:

  1. Looks rest! You can use your basil in your grandma's sauce (if the secret recipe calls for it) and it will be extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks GREAT I meant. I have tiny fingers trying to close my computer screen ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Hope the rest grow for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really nice! Way to go. Keep an eye out for bugs eating your leaves!

    ReplyDelete