Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hadley's 6 month update!


Hadley baby is a half a year old! whaaaat, seriously she is 6 months! She is just such a happy, smiley baby. 



Stats: height- 16 1/4 75th percentile, weight- 15 pounds 9 ounces 50th percentile



New Developments:
LOTS of new developments since last month! Baby Hadley ROLLS non-stop, not just once or twice, EVERY time you set her down. She even does continuous rolls and ends up in a circle. She has started putting her butt in the air in preparation for crawling! She's crazy :) She also has TWO teeth! She had one come in a couple weeks ago and the other one popped up a few days ago. She wasn't super cranky just woke WAY more frequently at night. She's starting to like the car/car seat a little better and has even fallen asleep on her own in there. I even got to the pediatrician's office (30 min. drive) with no one in the back seat to entertain her AND no crying!

yes she was crying, I just took that opportunity to show you her teeth, I haven't' been able to get a peak long enough unless she cries or else she licks me!

Personality:
Hadley is still a very happy girl. She smiles at everyone and loves people watching. She's pretty laid back and is willing to just chill with you. She grabs EVERYTHING and puts it in her mouth.
my happy munchkin

Eating:
She is eating closer to every 3 hours and is still breastfed. We had introduced some solids (bananas, avocado, pears, and sweet potatoes). I am making my own baby food and she seems to love it. She's all about food, can't get enough. The pediatrician said we need be working up to 3 meals a day pretty soon so I will be upping it to 2 a day to start with in addition to breast milk.



Sleeping:
*sigh* Nothing good to report here :( significant awful sleep going on. She was even waking up every hour some nights over this last month. We are pretty consistent about waking every 2-3 hours now and most times demands to be fed unless I have the patience to rock her past her screaming. We are going to be doing some sleep training in the next few days/ weeks because this rocking to sleep for naps (which are still 30 minutes tops) and bedtime is for the birds. It's what we had to do to get her to sleep at all, but I think we're ready to see what she can do on her own a bit. Wish us luck!

cute summer romper

Randoms:
She's still wearing size 2 diapers (we're trying The Honest Company diapers- eco-friendly chemical free diapers). Hadley is in size 6 months or 6-9 months.


can she get any cuter?

She's been doing this lately! She does it on the floor or anytime you put her flat. I think she's trying to do a back bend in preparation for gymnastics :)



mid roll

pretty face

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness Hadley. You are just adorable!! I am so glad I got to see her for all her new developments. All she needs is to give mama a little more sleep and life will be gooooood. You can do it baby girl! I love the one she is standing up and the back bend one (definitely ready for gymnastics).

    ReplyDelete