Thursday, May 16, 2013
baby food
I'm making Hadley's baby food because I can! I stay at home so I figure it's the best thing for her. Sure it is a lot easier to go buy jars at the store but I did one hour cram session. I don't know why I didn't think about this before but I put Hadley in her Ergo carrier (which by the way is a MUST). I absolutely LOVE it. It's my sister's and it's so easy to get her in on my own. She loves it. She helped me make food and loved to watch. I told her she better cooperate or she won't get homemade food. I guess she agreed it was a good idea because she stuck with me through making a bunch of peas, bananas, and pears. She started to get antsy so hopefully today I'll finish making sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and maybe apples. She's like most everything so far. We tried avocados a while ago and it wasn't a huge hit but we'll revisit it.
My dad got my sister the Beaba and she is letting me use it as she is out of the puree stage. It's a bit pricey but it lets you steam and puree all in one so it's very convenient, not to mention easy peasy. I freeze them in ice cube trays and pop them out. So far so good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Great job Shell and Hadley! She'll start needing more food in a few months and then you'll need to recruit James for some peeling/cutting b/c it does get cumbersome.
ReplyDelete