Monday, December 10, 2012

Hadley 3 week/ month update

Hadley had a 3 week check up because she was SLIGHTLY under weight at her 2 week appointment (refer back to that blog post about it). She was 6 pounds 13 ounces at that appointment (her birth weight was 6 pounds 15 ounces).  I am HAPPY to report at her 3 week check up, she was at 7 pounds 8 ounces!! That's 10 ounces! in a week, you go Hadley (and me). I really didn't do anything different so I think their scale was off that 2 week day. She is incredibly LONG. I don't know where she gets it. I believe at the 3 week, she was in the 67 percentile for height. She is tiny in weight and especially considering her unusual length. I can't remember the percentages for the 3 week because I thought they were going to write it down (oops).

She is in size newborn diapers and newborn clothing fits the best but are about to be on the way out. They're getting snug. She does wear 0-3 months but they are a bit baggy. She started out for the first 2ish weeks being a REALLY sleepy baby. I mean slept non-stop and we were having to wake her at night for every feeding.... Fast forward to week 2.5-3+ weeks and we have a different story. She is a happy baby during the day. She usually naps for 2 hours and then is ready to eat. She'll stay awake maybe 15 minutes then she'll get upset but goes down for a nap super easy. She loves being swaddled, she loves our bathroom apartment fan (it's excessively loud), and is no problem.  She mostly sleeps in her bassinet and the occasional mamaroo swing.

Now, the nighttime. I think someone comes in and switches my baby around 10 pm. We are trying to do a feeding around 6 and then 9 pm with a bath around 8:30 but she's been very fussy in that time that the times are fluctuating and the bath isn't a regular, YET. She wants nothing to do with going down for bed either. She may settle down, but the second you set her in her bed or even her swing, she screams. That cycle continues for a LONG time. We tried letting her cry for about 3 minutes before we go in to paci it up or pick her up. All of these soothing techniques work during the day but at night, forget it. She wants nothing to do with the paci and she'll calm down a TINY bit if you hold her. I would hold her all night long if she was quiet, but really that doesn't work half the time either. It seems I can't even go 1.5-2 hours without breaking down to feed her. It's the only thing that calms her down. Then after that good feed session, we repeat with the screaming/crying.

Then magically around 2am, someone returns my baby. She takes the paci again and she settles down. I have no idea what happens or why but I really hope this is a fussy stage/growth spurt possibly and that it will resolve itself quickly! We are moving to our new house at the end of this week and I bet our apartment neighbors are THRILLED. I would be, They probably think we are harming our baby based on the noise that comes from the apartment from 10-2am.

She's starting to smile a bit (during the day of course) and I'm loving it. She's so cute that you forget about her fussy period but it is rough on the sleep department. I mean really, how do these young teen moms take care of babies on their own? I am really thankful James can calm Hadley and is so helpful because it can get overwhelming. One other interesting fact, SHE PEES ON US every time you change her. She pees like a fountain. Just when you think oh she just went she won't go again, SHE DOES. On the changing table, with or without a diaper on, in the bath, in the towel after the bath. What can I say, she likes fresh air :). Hadley's bedding arrived Friday and I could not be more thrilled with how it turned out. I will post a sneak peek next blog post. Also, her newborn photos came in! Lots of exciting blog posts coming up.



look how long she is

She was cooing and happy here



2 comments:

  1. Wow, sorry she is so fussy at times, but it's great to see her awake and alert and she is quite long! Such a cute baby girl. Hope the 10-2 thing gets fixed up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, just look at her! I love the pics of her "sitting up". She looks so awake and content. Such a sweet girl. I love the monthly update. I know from first hand about the peeing. And they said boys were bad, Max was, but she is too! So funny. Can't wait to see her soon.

    ReplyDelete