We started out our first day at Disney by going to Hollywood Studios. We went with some of my cousins and my mom. They had different priorities since we had a 3 year old so we often split up and met back up later. James and Hadley and never been so we were ready to start our Disney experience!
Our little family of 3 ready to go!
the pic of the whole sunny gang
James went to go on the Star Wars ride so Hadley and I did some exploring.
we met a dinosaur
and also Daisy! Hadley did super well meeting all the characters. At first she wanted me to be near her but by the end she was a pro.
We went to Monsters INC. This is hadleys favorite movie of all time so I thought she'd be super excited.... well she a bit nervous this time so I had to show her Mike was a good guy.
here we are with Mike and Sully
we took a break from the 90 degree weather day (yes in November) to wait in a semi-shady line to meet Santa goofy! I just knew I wanted this as part of my Christmas card so this was one of the only real lines we waited in (only about 15 minutes wait)
Everyone needs a goofy hug
with the help of her cousin, Hadley went back to properly meet her faves (sans adults, it's amazing what peer pressure does haha)
We went by the Tower of Terror which was my fave ride when I was in HS. My mom volunteered to take Hadley to see a show while James and I got to ride this. James had never been to Disney at all so I knew I had to take him on this.
we were all super scared..... (ha)
and for good reason!
the ride line was ridiculously non-existent for some reason so we had some time to kill before meeting back up with Hadley and mom so we had a photo shoot
Below is a picture of the actual ride that they took. I love it because James is looking at me (it was pitch black in the ride)
we got front row by chance too!
gotta have a Mickey pic!
Everyone keeps asking me if they think Hadley was at a good age and did we wait in a lot of lines. I think Hadley was a great age. We don't have any other children so we didn't have to wrangle older kids or tote along a little baby so it worked out for us. She was at a great age to enjoy most everything. She did have a couple morning meltdowns while waiting for the bus to take us to the parks. They had the most lines and sometimes we had to wait through two times. It was understandable but let's face it. She didn't melt down anymore than she does at home :). We also didn't have to pay for her because she was 3 right at the end of the trip and she shared our food from our dining plan. We overall all enjoyed our day at hollywood studios. Oh I almost forgot to show you the Osbourne lights! It was my favorite and the last year for it. IT ACTUALLY fake snowed with christmas music playing and lights.... what more could you ask for!
it was so crowded that you could barely move through and we lost each other for a little bit (hence james on his phone up there)
but boy was it awesome!



















Wow, James was severely outnumbered by women on this trip! Looks like a great day was had by all :)
ReplyDelete