I will take this time to update everyone on what's been going on with us and why we have been real infrequent blogging!
I'll start from beginning in case we have new readers.
James got out of the Air Force early via VSP (Voluntary Separation Program) and we listed our house for sale. We tried on our own for a couple weeks but realized we needed more foot traffic and we also had trips away scheduled so we got a realtor. Three short weeks later our house got 2 offers on the same day bringing them to a short bidding war. The winner was a young military couple who offered $100 over asking price! I picked our list price and was very pleased I was spot on. We did pay 2k of their closing but no big deal considering they offered full price! WOOHOOO. We are Facebook friends now and I knew of her based on our small base community. I was pulling for them in our bidding war :)
They house is officially not ours anymore. We even came out in the green, banking $302 dollars :) We will get a little more due to our escrow so it worked out very well. We closed in 3 weeks after they submitted the bid and packed up our entire house.... and yes ran into many problems.
The Air Force would have paid to move our stuff and all that jazz but my husband wanted to "bank" the money and do it himself.... I'll keep this story short.... Needless to say, he would NOT recommend anyone do this.... packing up took way too long and apparently we have way too much stuff..... It didn't all fit in the biggest u-haul 26 footer. We had to change plans and get a trailer add-on for him to pull and leave my car (for now). I drove James' truck and James the U-haul with trailer add on.
![]() |
| Hadley loved playing in the u-haul |
We then took our stuff to a storage unit where my sister lives around Atlanta area and are staying with them until we leave for training for James for his plane at the Air National Guard (which is part time). While we wait for that he's also waiting to hear back from some major air lines to hopefully get an interview there. All of this is a wait and see process which I'm not good at but I'm trying! We are very relieved we don't have to worry about our house selling and having that payment so we are very lucky. This makes 2 houses successfully bought and sold in the green. My quick two cents.... if you're wanting to buy.... don't buy the most expensive house in the neighborhood unless it's completely unique and if you won't be there a while (like us) buy something you are going to completely update so you can have quick appreciation. We are still waiting to see how things pan out with jobs as to where we will plant our roots next.





Congrats on the sale! It's hard being "homeless" isn't it? We both could have our own version of "Full House" filmed :)
ReplyDeleteWe sure could Jen! Man do we have a full house of crazies :) Great synopsis! Love having Hadley around.
ReplyDeleteKiddos sure are having fun (at times)! :o)
ReplyDelete