RECAP and update all in one
1. NAILED IT. I need to order photos for these picture frames I bought to put on a gallery shelf (which I don't have yet) in our entry way. I want some to be of maternity photos and Hadley's newborn (considering I haven't put any up AT ALL in the house and she'll be one.... slacker) I also need to order Hadley's monthly photos I've been taking to finish out her baby book and maybe make a banner for her birthday party. This one was mostly about the photo gallery shelf and photos which I did order and put up. The banner I'm in the process of doing and I did finish her baby book (with the exception of 12 months)
I will be adding her year photos to the photo ledges when I get them. I LOVE these shelves. I had a local gal make them (because James is too busy working) and she made both of these for a total of 15 dollars!! They are so solid and I love everything about them.
2. Sigh...... We came REALLY close to finishing this and then had a huge set back. We need to finish putting our bathroom back together (putting the baseboards back in, tacking down carpet that's in the bedroom/closet). I'd like to add the tiling to the tub front/shelving/baskets that I talked about, but that's wishful thinking and a BONUS if it does get done. baseboards back on and repainted a nice crisp white, carpet tacking down- check, after borrowing a much needed different drill. Decided against the tiling on the front of the tub so we returned those. The shower curtain will mostly cover it anyway and now that we have this set back I'm about to tell you, just seemed unnecessary. We even bought the baskets and have a quick towel rack project we'll be doing.
The new dilemma. James a while ago elbowed the exisisting towel rock with his elbow one day and knocked part of it off the wall. He then ripped it out and said, I'll just patch this hole and put some more paint on, no biggie. Well it's been like that forever so he finally patched it sanded, rinse lather repeat, and we were ready for the paint. The people we bought the house from had all the paint in the garage nicely labeled... or so we thought. James paints the wall (I wasn't really paying attention but I could have told him that he was using the kitchen yellow which was not the same color). He then grabbed another yellow that we used in Hadley's room (I don't know why he was grabbing yellows, our bathroom is like a neutral off white with a HINT of cream that I guess looks yellowISH) and that was obviously not the right color either.
Well turns out, they did not have the bathroom color here or the neutral color we have in our living room/hallway (that I'm not sure are the same color- it's really hard to tell!)
So the dilemma. Do we take off a piece and try to match it as close as we can knowing we will probably have to paint the whole bathroom because you know they never match up. I'm not in LOVE with the color but I would totally do that if we could just paint that one area.
Choice 2 is to go with the gray that I love that is in our master bedroom and just suck it up and paint the whole thing.
I'm leaning towards choice 2 because I really don't want to have an odd looking wall and then have to repaint it all the color that I don't love..... ahhhh What do you think?
3. WAY done. We got these awesome magnetic cabinet locks to keep Hadley out of everything and we've put them in the living room built ins but we need to put them in the kitchen so that should hopefully be an easy task.
PS. I also know that most of these involve James (sorry babe) but he doesn't trust me with power tools and rightfully so :) I love these things, so cool! Haven't lost the magnetic keys yet either :) Max was very unexcited that he couldn't get in our cabinets. I like how they don't jiggle so no fingers can get stuck. If you're thinking of getting cabinet locks, definitely do these!
5. SO DONE! Gather items for Hadley's first birthday. We are having a photo shoot for her the beginning of November and she'll need a smash cake and couple accessories. I need to gather birthday party things to (we may just have a tiny party for her here during Thanksgiving weekend since we decided to just stay here since we didn't want to get her back in the car). The pictures turned out GREAT. Just wait until you see them!! She was a rockstar and natural in front of the camera. The items I gathered for the shoot came out great. I love our Facebook homemade business board (I've mentioned this several times).
6. CHECK. twice! Visit the pumpkin patch here! We go as a squadron right after Halloween but I wanted to take Hadley and do all the Fall activities. So this should be a fun goal to accomplish.
The first time we went it was WAY hot but we did get some great photos. The second time was as night bonfire and it was WAY cold but they had a nice fire to keep us warm. The corn maize was closed because of how muddy it was (our halloween storms) so that was a kinda bummer but there's always next year. Hadley had a great time on the hay ride and LOVES watching kids play.
Man, I feel exhausted rereading these goals! I think we did pretty well. You do not even want to see my goals for November and beyond. My to do lists are CRAZZZZZZZZY. I'm a busy bee :) I'll just update as I do fun/neat things. I can't believe it's November- Hadley's birthday month (it seems like it's a whole month because we have fun things planned throughout!) Her birthday is slowing approaching and I have mixed feelings!!


Wow, dude. I would call that way overachieving. I probably did nothing in comparison. Love the pillows and everything. No clue about that darn wall color, I hate matching paints.
ReplyDeleteNice job. For the paint I would say get the new color and do the whole thing. It probably wouldn't match perfectly in my experience.
ReplyDeleteRepaint the whole bathroom, then you can get a color you really like. Love the pillows. Sometimes I think I want a sewing machine then I realize.... when will I have the time?
ReplyDeleteYou are an overachiever! Paint with a new color, you will be happier.
ReplyDelete