Monday, September 9, 2013

bath tub cleaner!

So I mentioned I needed to clean the caulk around the tub because it was BLACK and gross (it progressively just got worse and worse). I saw on pinterest to use a cotton coil (from sally's- mine didn't have them so I ordered a 40 ft coil from amazon for 4.99.

I only needed like 3 feet of it probably :) but I have more for next time! 
You're supposed to soak it in bleach and then lay the coil around the tub area. I did that and left it there for about 8 hours and I didn't have high hopes because it felt like everything I always tried never worked out (pinterst fails if you will).

Here's a picture of the cuties in the tub, look in the left area, grosssssss.



AFTER


amazing!

Our tile is all done with the floors and grouts on! I will do a post about it once the baseboards and quarter round go back in! have a great monday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a difference!! So glad it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a bazillion for sharing that little tip. I scrub my bath rooms 2x a week but still have that caulk getting black spots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's great! I may have to try that ...tired of getting an old toothbrush out to scrub it!

    ReplyDelete