Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Hadley Emilia is 3!

I can't even believe it, but our baby is 3 years old! We've had a big life change this last year where we got to take in a whole lot of family time. We go to the doctor next week for an official check but she weighs 30 pounds and about 38 inches tall.


SLEEP: These days naps are few and far between. She just stopped sleeping and now she'll even get really mad where she'll just scream to get out. On days she doesn't nap, I make sure she's in bed by 7:30pm, mama needs a break sometime! I may get a nap out of her every 3-4 days. If she naps she goes to bed around 8:30 and wakes at 7am (nap or no nap days). One thing that happened though is we switched her to a big girl bed since she's such a big girl now. She rolls so much that she needs full coverage around it so it's like a crib but not haha. I don't know why but she won't get out of her bed unless I come to open the door, at least we lucked out somewhere! 


POTTY TRAINING- *sigh* Well it's almost been a year since we started. Ask me if I'm kidding. Late January I think it was.... I will say that she is VERY close to being potty trained. If I let her go long enough or not even that long, she may have a pee accident. Hadley struggles with TELLING me. She has always told me about number 2 and has been very successful with that (most kids it's the opposite problem). She understands so much and will even say "I need to tell mommy when I have to go potty" and has lately been doing a great job of this. She even sleeps in big girl undies at nap time and does a great job. We're almost there, everyone. :) ps. wait til they're almost three, lesson learned.


EATING- Hadley's always been a pretty good eater. She has definitely declined on the veggie intake and loves her sweets. She's still a super messy eater but she's also been wanting to sit at the table with me instead of her highchair. 

just look at those ringlet curls guys... she loves her curly hair too

LIKES/INTERESTS- two words for you.... BABY DOLLS! she's seriously OBSESSED. like beyond obsessed. She wants to play with any baby doll she ever sees and has to find them at anyones house we go to. She loves playing with her little friends (neighborhood ones, cousins, and playgroup ones- we keep busy). Hadley loves playing with our dog, too. She loves being outside and she loves going to "just one more store mom". She's my little sidekick and we have tons of fun together (most the time). 

Hadley also loves to throw tantrums :) she's been the best at this since she was 15 months old (yes I'm keeping track). She's at least gotten better to where I can bribe reason with her to talk her off the ledge. 


She loves dressing up as princesses and is just adorable. Hadley loves to dance and sing with me, too.


Hadley LOVES the color purple, too bad her room is all pink (my bad). The above photo was her halloween costume (mermaid).


Hadley loves cheering on her GSU Eagles! (she says "GO EAGLES!" on command). I am very lucky to have such a loving, sensitive, and beautiful girl to share my days with. She can be a handful at times, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. She says funny things all the time and keeps me on my toes. WE LOVE YOU HADLEY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Hadley! Her hair is so beautiful. As for the tantrums, maybe she's getting them out of her system now so she will be a good teenager later. That smile should make up for it :)

    ReplyDelete