Wednesday, August 5, 2015

and just like that, July is over!

I knew it would fly by quickly just as I know August will too. I've been super busy and Hadley maybe takes a nap every 3 days so I have literally no free time. So those are the reasons of my huge blog gap, what can ya do.

We just got back from a family vacation in Hilton Head, SC. Before I catch you up on that, I'll try to fill in some gaps from parts of July.

Before summer ended, I wanted to take Hadley and Max to the movies. Regal theaters has this $1 movies on Tues. and Wed. of the summer. We caught some Madagascar 3. The kiddos were SUPER excited! I was a tad nervous haha. Mainly because it was just me and them, so outnumbered. I knew Max would be fine. He's a bit older and he gets SUCKED into movies/tv. Hadley still has a smaller attention span so I knew she'd be the more difficult one. As expected, she was. She was getting very antsy and kept bouncing back and forth from me to her own seat. Max just kept asking for snacks and shoveling them in one after the other. He ate a bag full of grapes in seriously 20 seconds.

All ready to go!

their first time at the movies!

it was dark so the flash was bright

got our movie selfies

sorry they're so dark

Hadley cried wolf and false alarmed me telling me she had to poop.... so I jumped up, I couldn't leave Max in there alone, so the poor kid had to be ripped from the movie haha. I try to gather our stuff in the dark, got us to the hallway and realized Hadley had taken her shoes off. I had to go back in there with my phone flashlight and find them, and we were not sitting on the end. We only missed the last ten minutes.... guess she just wanted to beat the crowds out? It was still a good time and for $3, you can't beat it.

The kiddos all dressed as cows for free Chick-fil-a.... us adults did too, but they're cuter haha we just look ridiculous :)


 With James' crazy work schedule and what not, we did get to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary, too. Thanks to my fam for watching a sometimes difficult Hadley boo.



James indulged me and brought me to some wineries that were about an hour away. We had a pretty good time, they really need to step up their pours though. I swear at one place (the above pictured one) it was like a sip and it was gone.... not cool

The view

Little champs to celebrate!

We had a lunch on the patio of Wolf Mountain Winery. It was delicious.

guess we needed a selfie stick :) We made some friends along the way (as we usually do at wine tastings) and had a great time!

Auntie Jen bought Hadley and Max these awesome zip ups for fall/winter! They love them.

Hadley also completed her swim lessons! She did awesome. They wanted to end on a high note so we didn't do all the testing but she's a great little fish.

Hadley and one of her teacher's Ms. Christie

Proud girl getting her first trophy! 

She jumps into the pool, gets dive sticks on the bottom of the pool (with some assistance), and is loving the summer water fun!

Hope you enjoyed most of July's recap. I will post about our Hilton Head trip soon (hopefully it won't be a month from now haha, but no promises)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice update! I always feel like nothing goes on, but that's so good stuff there. Thanks for taking Max to the movies!

    ReplyDelete