Monday, February 2, 2015

Hadley's potty training adventure.....

Happy Groundhog's Day!!

Well we decided that we were going to potty train Hadley sorta spur of the moment. We knew she had expressed interest for a WHILE but we had several road trips coming up so we were going to put it on hold.... Then one day I was like, nope we're doing it. So we quickly read a couple "potty train in 3 days" articles and started right up. I thought it was going to be more easier than hard but turns out I have no patience for my own kid when it comes to potty training. She used to LOVE going on the potty for fun and the day we started because we kept taking her like every 20 minutes, she started hating it. Hadley would scream about going in there  and it just wasn't fun. She had a couple accidents the first days and had no problem pooping in her undies. She wasn't telling us she had to go (probably because we didn't give her a chance to) and by the close of day 3, (contrary to what all these blogs/articles said) she was NOT potty trained. I think it finally CLICKED Day 4/5 but then she still had an accident or two after those days. We've been helicopter parenting her (hovering) non-stop and it's nice to finally relax a bit.

Today marks the TWO week mark and she tells us she has to go potty! We've even ventured out and to places and she's been GREAT. I seriously was ready to give up DAILY, so thanks to my mom and James for their encouragement to keep going haha. It takes a village people! She is very excited about big girl undies and we just got some new GIRL superhero ones! and don't get discouraged if it takes your kid longer, stick with it! We tried sticker rewards, m&m's, gummy bunnies (her favorite), and ultimately she really didn't give a rip about any of it.


Quotes of this potty training that we now can joke about that I've said COUNTLESS times

"James, she's going to poop her pants!"
"Are your undies dry?"
"Keep those undies dry"
"Do you have to go potty"

 So overall, the experience wasn't fun but I'm glad we stuck with it. We still diaper her at nap (but she's been mostly dry for days now) and at night. She got RASHES from IDK what. She barely got any from diapers so it was mysterious. It was like the cotton undies were rubbing on her skin.... she also got marks from sitting on the toilet so much (seriously..... oops).


and can't end a blog without a picture of my cutie POTTY TRAINED 2 year old! (2 years 2 month old) with her huge bow from auntie Jen

1 comment:

  1. haha Potty training isn't for the weak! I am still indifferent about if she really gets it, but way to keep pushing forward. An inspiration to many!

    ReplyDelete