Monday, June 30, 2014

A firefly outside soiree

My bestest friend here Sommer is SADLY leaving me :( I won't dwell on that too much but her husband is getting out of the air force. They are moving back to their home town of Fort Worth, Texas. We've been to Fort Worth a bunch of times while we were stationed in Abilene (we didn't know them yet). We share a love for Whataburger, wine, our inside jokes, and best of all CHARLESTON (they were just stationed there). 


Sommer threw a PHENOMENAL small going away dinner party at her house and it was like right out of a magazine.

The lovely table settings.


no words necessary


a collage



I should have taken pictures of all the ladies that attended and I should have taken pictures of it when the sun went down, but I didn't so that's what we got. She cooked some great food and we had some great conversations. 

Us military wives are used to friends leaving us often but we usually get to keep them 3-4 years not just a little over a year. I often joke when I meet people asking them when they got here because I'm making sure they have just about as much time left at a place as I do. If they're leaving in a couple months I joke and say ohhh well we can't be friends then :) but I'm pretty serious haha. 

Hadley and her bud Eloise (simmer's daughter)


My partner in crime here

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks amazing! Sorry your friend is leaving ya. Someday you'll get to leave and head to Buford, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful party! Maybe their moving back to Fort Worth will give you another reason to maybe come back to Texas to visit! Got real attached to y'all and the other military neighbors (okay, all the rest, too) in The Enclave and have vowed not to get involved with neighbors again! Miss them too much!

    ReplyDelete