Friday, March 7, 2014

Spouses' social

I co-hosted our squadron's spouses' social last Thursday and we had a painting party! Not usually my cup of tea (if you know me at all) but my partner really wanted to so I went with it.

I assembled a very TASTY deli tray, if I do say so myself.

and a bountiful platter of cheese (which I don't eat but I think I covered them all) and crackers 

and a basket of bread haha

Here we are getting ready to paint!

waiting for some people to fill in

and our finished products!! TADA! didn't they come out great?!



Here is mine, and again, if you know me at all, you know I can't take full credit for this. I did all of the background and painted the flowers pink ( I am putting this in Hadley's room). I was having a hard time with the outlining of the flowers, originally she told us black but my color pink was too light so it was just turning the whole flower black.... So we came up with something new. At this point everyone's getting ready to leave so the teacher finished outlining :) I figured if I'm paying $25 dollars it might as well look good! haha 

I probably won't do another gathering like this, but it the company was fun!

and I will be taking a blog hiatus (most likely) starting next week because we're going on VACAY to visit friends!! wooooohooooooooo

1 comment:

  1. Your painting came out great! what a wonderful party!! I am so jealous of your trip!!! so fun

    ReplyDelete