Wednesday, March 26, 2014

CALIFORNIA part 1

So we drove to Atlanta (to my sister's house) to drop off the animals and then fly out to cali. I was a bit nervous to fly with Hadley because I know she's such a busy body. I was so glad James could make the trip with us and knew he'd be able to handle her. Hadley was VERY excited to be in the airports and was PERFECT on the airplanes. We had connections both ways and she slept pretty much the entire flight (the first hour or two she was happy looking around and playing).


She got antsy near bed time and wanted to get up and down up and down and just couldn't settle. James walked to her around and came back with a sleeping baby. *FYI* if you have long flights with children, take the evening flights! 



James had the flash on and my face expression was saying "really babe"


We were able to transfer her back and forth plus set her on empty seats AND she slept through the entire 2 hour lay over in San Diego and back on the flight. She woke up just in time to land in Sacramento! (it was 3 am east coast time by this point as we did have about an hour delay)

We stayed with our bestest friends and former neighbors from our last base in Texas. This is my best bud Melody who I just adored when I watched her back in the day and she's just as sweet as the day we parted last. She called Hadley her baby sister the whole time and was the best "big sister" you could ever want.

their cool back yard

One of my bestest college friends who married one of James' friends from The Citadel and pilot training are also stationed at the same base my other friends from Texas were at. The recently discovered each other (ps, I don't just match make romantic couples, I also do friendships, look me up haha) Here is a picture of Amy's two boys plus Hadley and Melody.

Jenny always did Melody's hair so cute and I asked her to do Hadley's. She's just adorable.

Welcome to Cali! What a great backdrop. We went to dinner on our first full day together at a fancy Mexican type restaurant at this outdoor mall area with these cool fountains (plus a kid playground and anything you could want and more). Here we are- Jenny, me and Amy.

James, Hadley, and big jack

Hadley and her big sister Melody in matching tops (which they both already had)

Jenny's kiddos (Melly and baby Jack) and Hadley

They have such great parks EVERYWHERE and the weather is just perfect, so much for the kids to do. Amy's youngest fell asleep while being pushed in a swing, what could be better. and as the southerners say "bless his heart" haha

Here is a picture at another mall with another great outdoor playground and fountain area. Here are all the kiddos (Another bestest college friend, Andrea, who will be pictured later) her girls are in this pic, too, but minus baby Jack.

all the kiddos, plus amy's husband Jeff

College girls shot (amy, me, and Andrea)
Just like the good ole days right?! 

I set up Andrea with her husband who was James' friend and also fellow Citadeter/pilot trainer cohort. One day we can all be stationed together, right?! I mean at this point in the air force we gotta start recycling bases that overlap? ok well we can hope. How much fun does all this look!? and this was all before our "7 adults and 7 kids take San Francisco". Stay tuned for that one haha

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm already getting exhausted by all the kids in these pics!! Lol sounds like Hadley did so well! So adjustable with all the changes. Way to go kiddo!! So fun to see everyone (via your photos).

    ReplyDelete