I seriously don't know where June went. I noticed I posted like 5 times only in June, sorry guys, I'm seriously just bored thinking of what we do all do :) Hadley needs to start doing more things haha.
Let's see if we even did anything on our June goals list.
1. Start/finish James' father's day gift. DID IT! See this blog post all about it.
2. Sew two pillow covers.... UGHHHH sighhh stomps feet.... did it! Well, turns out sewings hard. It's not even really the sewing part, it's the cutting the fabric, using a ruler, pinning, ironing, and all that BEFORE prep that's hard! I will say I am teaching myself via youtube, but it's hard. James is stepping in to help me with some pre-stuff but I made two pillow cases
I did one practice one with fabric I didn't care about and one real one. I took the seem out of the real one probably five times. Everything that could have went wrong did..... I'm not completely given up, but I need a break haha. My mom is going to assist me when I go to see them soon.
Update: James wanted to see if he could do the sewing part also and he did very well. He also did it in like ten minutes, he's so good at everything he does. Hopefully Hadley inherits that from him!
Update: James wanted to see if he could do the sewing part also and he did very well. He also did it in like ten minutes, he's so good at everything he does. Hopefully Hadley inherits that from him!
![]() |
| Front- the pillow insert isn't big enough for the cover but it's all I had and I wanted to see a pillow in it I am planning a long list for Ikea including pillow inserts |
![]() |
| back envelope opening so we can take the cover off as needed |
![]() |
| both of them! we still need two more to finish off the living room |
4. Get the spare room organized sorta did it. I'm typing this on Friday so as of today we decided which pictures we were going to put up so the spare room just needs to be put away. We plan to do that this weekend and mostly that just means shoving it into the large closet in there :) We may look at furniture sales for office organization this weekend also since there may be some pre-4th of July sales. update: def. did it. shoved everything nicely in the closet :) ps, there's nothing in this small town for us for office furniture, we may be looking when we go to the ATL soon.
All in all I'll say we did great! I will not make any July goals because there is a lot of traveling that we plan on doing. I hope to get a little better at sewing with my mother's assistance and just soak in a lot of family time. Hadley's goal for July will be to CRAWL. I don't want her to but she told me she's working on it pretty hard. So stay tuned.
![]() |
| Hadley means business :) |





Good job on your goals! I think the pillows look great. Making friends is hard after college, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteEspecially when you keep having to move! Man you are so on top of your goals!! I didn't even realize it was July 1st!! Way to go and I can't wait to grab that little girl! Don't you crawl before you get here Haddles. And those pillow covers are FABULOUS. Man, I love that fabric!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see everyone! :o)
ReplyDelete